The main obstacle is simply a lack of knowledge about what those options are. Many simply set up 401k's or similar plans to keep employees happy but these plans only allow the employer to contribute very small amounts for himself that will do very little to produce the type of retirement plan that he or she desires.
However, there are now plans available that allow business owners to benefit from the following features:
- allows business owner to remove funds from his company for his personal benefit.
- the company DEDUCTS the cost of the program as an ordinary business expense.
- there is no regulatory limit on the funding for the business owner.
- pension based plans rarely provide tax mitigation and have funding caps.
- the program removes plan assets from the reach of company creditors.
- the money in the program grows on a tax-free/tax deferred basis.
- the business owner can later take income tax-free without income limitation requirements.
- the program passes a death benefit onto the heirs income tax free.
- the program is based upon tax code section 79 that allows for all of these benefits.